Modo has two kinds of individual memberships:
You need to be at least 19 years old with a valid BC driver's licence* and a good credit rating. You also need to meet Modo's driving standard:
- three years' driving history;
- no at fault accidents within the past three years (or, for BC drivers, no more than one at fault accident if you have an ICBC safe driving discount of at least 35%);
- no more than two traffic violations in the past three years;
- no driving convictions under the Canadian Criminal Code or serious violations of any provincal driving legislation such as the Motor Vehicle Act.
* We do occasionally make exceptions. If you have any questions about your eligibility to join Modo, please call our office and tell us about your situation. We might also be able to answer your questions in ask modo.
A second person in your household can purchase shares and join as an associate member with the same rights and privileges for a $250 shares purchase.
Visiting Vancouver and want to roam with Modo? Here's how.