Carsharing is simple: it's like-minded people sharing the costs of and access to cars. Carsharers have the use of hundreds of cars at drastically reduced costs.
You get a lot of things by being a Modo member:
- Access to vehicles at 230+ locations around Metro Vancouver.
- The best rates and insurance for carsharing locally.
- Roaming access with other carsharing organizations in North America and beyond.
- Perks with other local organizations.
How does it work?
- Book a car. Cars are located in permanent spots, so you know where you'll find a car.
- Go on your trip. All our members get their own electronic fob. When you arrive at your car for your booking, our onboard technology will let you into the car and enable the engine.
- Return the car. At the end of your trip, return to the same spot and fob out. This ends your booking and disables the engine.
You pay by the hour and kilometre. If you don’t use a Modo car, you don’t get billed. For over 16 years now, we’ve been driven by the honest belief that carsharing just makes sense.
It makes sense for your wallet.
It makes sense for your lifestyle.
It makes sense for our environment.
Download our carsharing Important Sheet here.
WATCH our music video: How to Modo
Vancouver band The Ruffled Feathers demonstrate how easy it is to carshare with Modo - from booking the vehicle, fobbing in and out, street parking, fuelling up, what to do if you're running late and more.