And the winner is… HUB’s Bike Friendly Business Awards
Congrats to the Vancouver Public Library on winning the Most Bike Friendly Workplace of 2013! (photo courtesy of HUB)
On February 5, our friends at HUB: Your Cycling Connection threw a party to celebrate the first annual Bike Friendly Business Awards. Not only was it great to connect with friends, old and new, but it was encouraging to see so many local businesses taking the needs and ideas of their cycling staff to heart.
Committing the time and energy required to offer employees support for a multi-modal transportation network is inspiring, and we’d like to give a huge digital high-five to every organization who strives to make commuting to the workplace bike friendly!
Take a look at the list below for the evening’s runners-up, winners and Champions.
And stay tuned for an upcoming announcement regarding a special perk Modo will be offering Business Members to help businesses access HUB’s deep expertise in bikeability assessments and cycling training to encourage cycling among staff!
- Best Bike Parking and Storage – Vancity (Vancity Centre)
- Most Bike Friendly Building – Vancity (Vancity Centre)
- Most Bike Friendly Workplace – Vancouver Public Library
- Best Bike Parking and Storage – Dillon Consulting Limited
- Best Bike Parking and Storage – BCIT Aerospace Technology Campus
- Most Bike Friendly Building – Vancouver Community College (Downtown Campus)
- Most Bike Friendly Workplace – Vancity
Bike to Work Week 2013 Champions
- Best Workplace (1-10 employees) – Bruce Carscadden Architect
- Best Workplace (1-10 employees) – Gowlings
- Best Workplace (11-25 employees) – Stanley Park Ecology Society
- Best Workplace (26-100 employees) – Centre for Hip Health and Mobility
- Best Workplace (101-1000 employees) – Arc’teryx Equipment Inc.
- Best Workplace (1000+ employees) – University of British Columbia
- Best in School – Eric Hamber Secondary School
- Best in Health – Centre for Hip Health and Mobility
- Best in Business – Arc’teryx Equipment Inc.
- Best in Other – Mountain Equipment Co-op
- Best in Not for Profit – Stanley Park Ecology Society
- Best in Higher Education – University of British Columbia
- Best in Government – City of Vancouver
- Bike to Work Appreciation Award – Vancouver Airport Authority
For Outstanding Commitment to Commuter Cycling
Find the original blog post with winners on HUB’s blog.
Modo is Platinum Member of HUB.