Choose the Return Option Best for you!
Modo just got a lot more flexible.
Modo members love having the freedom of choice! Whether that’s choosing the right vehicle for a trip or having different vehicles available nearby. To make Modo even more convenient, we’re excited to announce a new way to choose a return option that’s right for you!
Using Set Return is a great option if you know exactly how long you’ll need the car. For example, if you have a set plan to see a movie in the city and you know that you’ll be going straight back to return the car in its home location when you’re done. In this case, Set Return is the right option for you! Similarly, if you’re headed to the mountains for an evening of boarding and you know when the mountain closes and how long you need to get the car back. These are just a few examples when Set Return makes the most sense! Of course, not everything is within your control, so for unexpected traffic jams, you may need to extend your booking or call us if you’re running late.
Now consider all the times when you’re unsure how long you’ll need the car. For example, if you spend the day running errands and going to appointments around the city, not knowing how long things will take – like bank lines! In these cases, Open Return is best. Or, you might visit your great aunt, who never stops talking and before you know it, your two-hour visit turns into four! Or, your night out goes unexpectedly well and turns into an overnight. Choosing Open Return allows you to use the car for as long as you like, up to 24 hours. Simply end the booking when you’re done with the car, and only pay for the time you’ve used! Plus, the $3 Open Return fee. Now that’s convenience!
Interested in making an Open Return Booking?
Watch a video tutorial on how to book with Open Return.
- Best suited when you don’t know your end time
- When you book this option, the car is yours for up to 24-hours, without having to set an end time in advance. (Note: the system will default to a return time of up to 24-hours, if no one else has it booked off)
- Simply end your booking when you’re done, return the car, and only pay only for what you use
- Fobbing out won’t end your booking, you need to end the booking on our app, bookit.modo.coop, or call us. Failure to do so will result in the full charge.
- The fee to use this option is only $3 per booking
- Only applies to Daily Drives and Premium Vehicles
- When using the search, only vehicles available for up to 24-hours from your start time will appear
- Available to all members and membership types
- Bookings are easy to make via the Desktop site, Mobile site, and Mobile app (app version must be updated to 1.4.2 or newer)