Job opportunity: Marketing Coordinator, full time preferred
Experience: 2-4 years
Reports to: Marketing Director
Modo The Car Co-op is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Marketing Coordinator to support expansion of the mission-based business.
Modo is the first English-speaking carshare in the world and has helped get carsharing started on several continents in many major cities. Started in 1997 by 16 members in the West End, the not-for-profit co-operative now helps 8,000+ members share 290+ cars, trucks, vans and electrics at the lowest rates in the Metro Vancouver. As the only locally operated member-owned carshare in the region, Modo is a real homegrown success story: A co-operative that not only is profitable but supports a broad range of community organizations doing work to make this city more healthy, vibrant and sustainable.
Working closely with the Marketing Director, the position requires a broad range of skills and experience in support of key marketing objectives and goals. In addition to general administrative support, the position will be responsible for coordinating promotions, developing a marketing kit, special events and public relations support, website management, and assistance with social media and web campaigns. As well, the position will be responsible for select special projects.
- General administrative support and accounting for Marketing Department
- Promotions administration, liaising and tracking
- Events coordination
- Advertising coordination
- Contest coordination
- Monthly budget and performance report preparation
- Day-to-day website maintenance and website redesign management
- Develop, produce and distribute marketing kit for business partners
- Social media and public relations support
- Research, writing and copy-editing
- Evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, website and business development/relationship programs
- Prefer 2 to 4 years experience in special events and marketing
- Communication, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable
- University degree, college diploma or certificate in related field desirable
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and other software programs
- Experience in photo and/or video editing software a major plus
- Experience using any web Content Management System also a major plus
To apply, please send resume and cover letter, along with links to all your digital touch points, via email (no calls please) to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Modo Marketing Coordinator position”.