Driving experience without owning a car!
Are you a Modo Plus Member with someone in your life who recently got their L (Learner’s) license? Or maybe you are a new driver looking to get more experience driving on the road? If so, Modo has you covered as a Green Member!
Making carsharing affordable, convenient, inclusive and sustainable has always been at the core of Modo’s social purpose. Allowing Green Members the opportunity to learn with Modo underscores this, and gives learners and new drivers of all ages the chance to hit the road while saving money and the environment!
Green Members are drivers who have their (L) (or are 18 with an N) and are earning driving hours towards their full license in the province of British Columbia. Now, young or learner drivers in your life can drive with Modo under the Green Membership plan. Green Members are eligible to join under a Principal Member’s account (sharing-holding member) that’s 25 or older.
- Affordable: practice your driving skills on the roads with rates starting at $5 per hour and save on insurance
- Convenient: access to a fleet of 700+ vehicles across the Lower Mainland, Okanagan, Squamish, and Vancouver Island
- Versatile: gain experience driving cars, trucks, SUVs, minivans and more
Not to mention, you can complement your practice hours with lessons from ICBC or a driving school nearest you!
Read a Q&A with 18-year-old learner driver and carsharing fan, Nick DeYoung, on the blog.
- Must be 16+ with an L, or 18 with an N
- Must join on a Modo Plus Principal Member’s account who is 25+ with a valid ICBC-issued Class 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 driver’s license (full license)
- Must live in the same address as the Principal Member
- Principal Members are liable up to $2,500 in the event the Green Member is involved in an at-fault accident
- Green Members are not eligible to join the Modo Damage Pool
- All Green Members can make bookings, but only members with a full license (N or Class 1-5) will be issued a fob
- Learner drivers (with an L) may only drive a Modo vehicle when accompanied by a Modo member that meets the criteria of a ‘‘qualified supervisor’’ (per ICBC definition), when the vehicle is used during a lesson with an accredited driving school or during an L driver’s ‘‘N’’ road test.
- Applicant must complete the Green Member Agreement in order to register
- You will also be required to pay a $1,500 damage deposit (using cash, debit card, electronic bill payment or certified cheque payable to Modo Co-operative; note that credit cards and personal cheques will not be accepted), which is refundable if/when the Green Driver is eligible to join Modo with a full license.
- Green Members cannot join online, but can join in-person at our Vancouver or Victoria offices or via phone (see below).
Any more questions? Just visit our FAQs page or call our Member Care Team at 604.685.1393 (Lower Mainland), 250.995.0265 (Victoria), Nanaimo (250.741.4141), or 250.469.6617 (Kelowna).
*Valid for new members only. Offer does not include $10 non-refundable registration fee. Cannot be used in conjunction with another offer or redeemed for cash. Drive time applies to vehicle usage only; cannot be used for fines, fees, or admin costs. Drive time credit expires two months after redemption; promotion not available after February 6th, 2020.