I have had an active BC license AND a license from outside BC in the last two years.
You can join Modo by paying a $750 refundable Deposit (using cash, debit card, electronic bill payment or certified cheque. Credit cards and personal cheques will not be accepted) and sign a Member Eligibility Declaration in person, when you pick up your fob.
- This deposit is refundable once you can provide 2 years of driving history from outside BC, driving and claims history from within BC or you end your Membership with Modo.
- Placing the deposit and signing the Member Eligibility Declaration will mean you cannot take part in our Damage Pool.
- We will need to see your Drivers Abstract and Insurance claims history from BC and make sure you fulfill Modo’s Driving Standard.
As an alternative to paying the $750 Refundable Deposit you can also provide the last two years of driving and insurance claims history from BC and the last two years of driving history from wherever else you held a license. The last two years means the most recent 48 months, up to today’s date.
For the portion of your driving history that is from BC:
Consult the foreign licence and driving records page to find out how you can request your previous driving documentation
If your driving records are not in English we require seeing a translation of the records from an ICBC approved translator.
Request they email the following two documents directly to email@example.com:
- Driving record (driver’s abstract)
- Insurance and claims history record
Click “Get your driving records”. We will need both sets of records for the past two years.
For the portion of your driving history and insurance claims that is from outside BC.
- Consult the foreign licence and driving records page to find out how you can request your previous driving documentation
- If your driving and insurance records are not in English we require seeing a translation of the records from an ICBC approved translator.
Why Eligibility Requirements?
To ensure we can keep our rates affordable, it’s necessary that we manage risks for our business. As such, it’s important we have eligibility criteria, which is published on our website and is applicable to everyone. As a member-owned co-op, we strive to make our policies as fair to all our members as possible. Though we are often asked to make an exception, we strive to treat everyone fairly and equally, therefore exceptions cannot be made.