Great news! There are some places where Modo members can park without paying and without worry. However, these parking privileges vary by city, municipality and district. Below, you’ll find where you can park your Modo stress and payment-free.
Park free in Resident Only and Permit Only zones:
Park in Commercial Loading Zones and Lanes:
Note: Parking in Commercial Loading Zones and Lanes is available, but only for Modo cargo vans and pickup trucks, in the City of Vancouver and City of Victoria. You may stop in these zones or lanes for up to 30 minutes to load or unload. Find more information on the City of Vancouver website.
Park free in Permit Only zones:
- City of North Vancouver
- “Car Share Only Parking” at UBC, on streets that are managed by the University Neighbourhoods Association
Park free in Resident Only zones:
- In the City of Victoria if you’re a resident, or visiting one. Proof of residency is required by the City.
No parking privileges (yet), unless otherwise stated in your booking email notes:
- District of North Vancouver
- New Westminster
- Port Moody
- Port Coquitlam
- Pitt Meadows
- Maple Ridge
- Langley (City or Township)
- West Vancouver
A few friendly parking reminders:
- Don’t park where signs prohibit parking!
- Keep at least six metres between your vehicle and stop signs, and fire hydrants.
- Only park in the direction traffic travels.
- Make sure you’re no more than 12 inches from the curb to avoid potential fines.
- Alleyways and driveways require at least 1.5 metres between them and your vehicle.