Modo is a carsharing co-op — a community of like-minded people who care about getting around in sustainable, flexible, inclusive ways.
Modo also means more vehicle choice, more plans, more trip types and more benefits.
Here's how it works.
What to expect as a member
This is your starting point, and depends on how you intend to use Modo.
With Modo, you have access to a fleet of more than 1,000 vehicles, from coupes to cargo vans, from compact EVs to hatchbacks. It's about carsharing for everyone, every way.
These are small passenger cars, such as hatchbacks and compacts. They can usually carry 1-3 passengers and a few bags. They’re great for getting around town to run errands, grab a coffee with friends, or bring someone special on a date night.
The Daily drives are the most affordable vehicles in Modo’s fleet, with the lowest driving rates.
Some examples of daily drives:
Large and loadable
These Modos are larger vehicles, such as SUVs, pickup trucks and minivans. They can usually carry 1-5 passengers and several bags and gear. They’re ideal for carrying passengers, group trips or getaways, running errands, work functions or as business event shuttles.
Modo’s large and loadable vehicles are available for an additional $2/hour.
Some examples of large and loadables:
When you need a Modo that you can put to work, try our cargo vans. They can carry lots of gear or large items like furniture or landscaping supplies. They're a favourite of local businesses making deliveries and individual members moving or renovating their place.
Oversized Modos are available for an extra $5/hour.
Some examples of oversized:
What’s always included
Every booking comes with the essentials for a convenient journey on the road.
Gas & EV Charge
No matter the distance, we cover your gas or EV charge! Use the Modo card at our partnered stations to gas up or charge our EVs at no cost. Always leave at least 1/4 tank of gas or plug in the EV back at its home location for the next member to use.
Your membership includes basic insurance. If an accident is the other party's fault, no damage fees apply. For added protection, extra coverage options are available with our Damage Fee pool. See our FAQs for more information.
Park for free during your trip wherever allowed — you can find specifics here. Return the vehicle to its home location before the end of your booking.
Keeping our vehicles clean is a collective effort. Our team regularly clean the fleet but you can also book any vehicle in need of cleaning in exchange for up to $35 in driving time credit. Check out our cleaning program for more details.
Modo in your building
Modo works differently than a one-way carsharing service — no one-size-fits-all fleet here. Your needs are evolving throughout time and with Modo, you can pick the car that suits your plan! Book it online, pick it up and drop it off at its home location.
- Decide how long you need the vehicle
- Pay the rates that apply to your plan
- Gas/EV charge, basic insurance, maintenance always included
- Add flexibility to your booking for only $3
- Your best option if you're not sure how long you need the vehicle for
- Only pay for the time that you actually use
- Use the car for up to 24 hours
- Perfect for those longer trips like a weekend to Whistler
- 250 kilometres included for every 24 hours of booked time
- Starts at $90 for Modo Plus and $135 for Modo Monthly/Business
- Automatically applies to a qualifying booking
- Book for up to 10 days and if you need a vehicle for longer than 10 days, get in touch and we can help you out
- Always the fair price. We apply the Day Tripper rates or regular rates for your plan — whichever is lower
- Take your Modo across the border